Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recent email to a friend regarding MLM

(friend),

I hope you don't think I was attacking you personally last night. I don't know all your dreams and ambitions, but I imagine you want to provide for your boy and yourself in every way possible. I want that for you too. What I heard from you about (MLM company) and what I'm finding online worries me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZxCK4adtuA

If you want to be wealthy here is the best starting point I know of...

http://personalfinance.byu.edu/

Remember you will always reap what you sow and that there is no substitute for hard work. The Lord promises the riches of eternity and provides for our needs if we are obedient, the adversary promises us the riches of this world if we will ignore the still small voice of the spirit and fools us into losing what makes us truly rich - eternal life. Don't settle for any imitations!

When it comes to getting rich- all the millionaires and billionaires I know did it by getting good at what they did over a lifetime of hard work. Not only did they work hard, but they usually did what others were not willing to do and took great risks. They were prepared when opportunity came because of the skills they took years to develop. Good things take time. Luck is when opportunity and preparation meet. Prepare now by educating yourself and developing marketable talents and you will always have wealth. Short cut preparation and go for the easy buck and all the wealth in the world will never be enough. Here is one more quote from

Elder Marvin J. Ashton, “Be of Good Cheer"

“Modern-day prophets have pled in plainness for us to avoid ‘get-rich-quick’ schemes if we would avoid the heartaches of financial bondage. Perhaps we have not said enough about the fact that too many of us, in our moments of dreaming of grandeur, plant the seeds of economic disaster. Then at a later date when much is lost, we blame those who participated with us. It is difficult to be of good cheer when self-deceit is our companion. When we willingly expose ourselves to the winds and storms of fraud and scam, we should not be surprised when we come down with deficit disease. Over the years of listening to those who have suffered heavy money losses, I have heard many in desperation declare, ‘I was taken. ’ Often my heart, mind, and the Spirit have prompted me to share, ‘Yes, you were taken by yourself. ’ We all need to be encouraged to lift up our heads and see where our thoughts and undeclared priorities are taking us. Self-deceit permits us to blame others for our failures.”

Having said all this, I could be wrong about (MLM company). Maybe its part of the Lord's plan for you. By its fruit ye shall know. You can't always see now what kind of fruit will grow from the seeds you currently plant. Eventually you will see the fruit that comes from (MLM company) by how it affects you financially, inter-personally, and spiritually. I hope its for the best and you learn and grow. Don't stop thinking positively, but beware of those who would take advantage of your trust and optimism.

Always your friend,

Ryan Taylor

No comments: